Wednesday, November 19, 2008

On Writing

I started my next novel - another romantic suspense - and I can't begin to tell you how excited I am. Just a week ago I was anxious because I wasn't sure which project I would take on next. I routinely jot down ideas that strike me here and there and I was reviewing a number on my list and passing on each one. Then I thought of yet another one and the spark of creativity ignited a fire in me to write and I'm euphoric about the process and the potential.

Writing is hard work - no mistake - but when a story idea, and the process of writing that story, engages you - it's magical. I'm feeling like a kid again when I went to DisneyLand for the first time - Magical!

The only thing better than this will be a publishing contract and readers who feel the same about the story I am sharing with them. I look forward to that moment.

No comments: