Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Next Step

Well, I haven't heard back from the editor to whom I submitted my query letter but writing buddies of mine who are published with this particular company say that's not unusual. I'm considering contacting an agent who represents some writer friends of mine and who has placed authors with this company. So, we'll see.

In the meantime, I've continued to work on my rewrites and that has gone well. I'm also looking at my next fiction project because if I'm going to spend this much time with another writing project, I want it to be one that I'm just as passionate about as I am with my first one.

I write during my commute on the train. It's the only place that I'm truly not distracted. When I'm home I can't escape all the chores and house projects I need to do and when I'm at work - well, I rarely get a lunch break and I'm on the go responding to all kinds of IT requests and urgencies. So, for about 30-40 minutes twice a day I get to ignore the world and lose myself in my story and writing. It's wonderful and very consistent which I'm finding out is important.

So, carve out that time of day that works best for you and get into a routine where everyone knows it's your time.

Happy Writing!

No comments: